|Lothar Reichel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
|Posted: Sun Sep 14, 1997 1:22 am
Subject: Contents: ETNA on CDROM
|#17 Contents: ETNA on CDROM
ETNA on CDROM
The Electronic Transactions on Numerical Analysis (ETNA) was one of the
first completely electronic scientific journals when it was launched four
ETNA has the following features:
* Manuscripts submitted to ETNA undergo peer review.
* Mathematical Reviews reviews all articles appearing in ETNA.
* Manuscripts may have color graphics.
* No annual page limitations makes fast publication possible.
* Key word search available.
* Forward referencing.
* ETNA can be accessed via the Internet by web browsers, ftp and e-mail.
* First four volumes of ETNA available on CDROM.
The CDROM version of ETNA can be accessed by a web browser (Mosaic).
Accessing ETNA in this manner is much more convenient than accessing ETNA
over the Internet when the Internet connection is slow. Many new PCs are
equipped with a CDROM reader. This makes the CDROM a convenient storage
medium for individuals and libraries.
The first ETNA CDROM contains papers with leading-edge contributions to
research in the following diverse areas of numerical analysis, analysis,
linear algebra and applications:
- conjugate gradient iterative methods and their variants,
for solving linear systems and for obtaining eigenvalues;
- general iterative methods for systems of linear equations,
including parallel synchronous and asynchronous multi-splitting and
inner-outer iteration methods;
- singular value and QR decompositions of matrices;
- applications of domain decomposition, multigrid, and finite
- element methods, and their preconditioning;
- Runge-Kutta methods, solutions of differential-algebraic
and Riccati equations in ordinary differential equation theory;
- numerical treatment of analysis problems, including Gaussian
quadrature, Pade' approximations and continued fractions, and the
- applications of numerical analysis, e.g., in signal processing and
In addition the CDROM contains a variety of public domain software programs
(for Windows, Windows95, Sun Unix, SGI Unix, HP Unix, Digital Unix, and
Macintosh operating systems) that will allow you to display and print the
manuscripts included on the CDROM.
In order to defray the cost of producing the CDROM and to cover
shipping (by air mail), we are charging $25 for each CDROM. If you
wish to purchase the ETNA CDROM, please send $25.00 (money order,
travelers check, personal check for a U.S. bank or bank draft in U.S.
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
Kent State University
Kent, OH 44242
U. S. A.
For more information about ETNA and the ETNA CDROM send e-mail to
email@example.com or regular mail to Professor A. Ruttan,
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Kent State University,
Kent, OH 44242, USA. ETNA's Internet address is http://etna.mcs.kent.edu.