|email@example.com (Lisa Eaton)
|Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 1:31 pm
Subject: Software: S+Wavelets
S+Wavelets : An S-Plus module for scientific and engineering analysis.
SEATTLE, December 19, 1994- The StatSci Division of MathSoft
has announced the availability of S+WAVELETS, an object-oriented
toolkit for wavelet analysis of signals, time series, images, and other
technical and scientific data. It can be used for many applications,
including signal and image processing, time series analysis, pattern
recognition, non-linear statistical estimation, and data compression.
S+WAVELETS is a comprehensive interactive software system and
language for wavelet analysis. It has over 500 functions, offering a
wide collection of tools, including:
* Discrete Wavelet Transform and Multiresolution Analysis
* Wide Choice of Orthogonal and Biorthogonal Wavelets
* Wavelet Packet and Cosine Packet (Local Cosine) Analysis
* "Best Basis" Adaptive Transform Choice
* Matching Pursuits and Atomic Decompositions
* Over-sampled and Robust Wavelet Transforms
* Time-Frequency Graphical Displays
* Wavelet Based Nonlinear Statistical Signal Extraction
* Wavelet Convolution, Filter, and Matrix Operators
* A Variety of Visual Data Analysis Displays
* Support for both 1-D and 2-D data with arbitrary sample sizes
* Full range of boundary correction methods
Because it is well integrated with the S-PLUS language,
S+WAVELETS provides a rich set of data analysis and statistical
modeling tools for the user, emphasizing visualization in support of
analysis, understanding and development of wavelet methodologies.
Furthermore, S+WAVELETS is fully object-oriented, using classes
and inheritance, generic functions and methods, and intelligent data
structures. This gives users the power and flexibility to efficiently
modify existing toolkit methods and develop new methods to meet
specific needs. S+WAVELETS comes with an easy to use and
comprehensive user's manual.
S-PLUS is powerful and flexible software system for visual data
analysis, statistical modeling, and mathematical computing. It offers a
high-level interactive object-oriented language, high quality graphical
output, and an extensive collection of over 1650 statistical and
mathematical functions. S-PLUS is based on the S language,
developed by researchers at AT&T Bell Laboratories.
S+WAVELETS is available from StatSci, a division of MathSoft,
Inc., with price based on platform, number of users and license type. It
is available on both Windows and major UNIX platforms.
StatSci can be reached at 1700 Westlake Ave. N., Suite 500, Seattle,
WA 98109. Telephone: (206)283-8802. FAX: (206)283-8691. E-mail:
S+WAVELETS: Copyright (c) 1993-1994 MathSoft, Inc. All right
reserved. Version 1.0 Release 1