|email@example.com (Christopher John Lennard)
|Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 3:39 pm
Subject: CFP: Wavelets and Fractals
|CFP: Wavelets and Fractals
1) Title of Conference : Wavelets and Fractals
2) Date : May 20-22, 1994
3) Sponsors : The Institute of Mathematics and its Applications, Minnesota,
Department of Mathematics, University of Pittsburgh
4) Place of Meeting : University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh,
5) A General Statement on the Program :
Although the theories of wavelets and fractals have developed from
different motivations, they are mathematically interwoven and have aspects
of striking resemblance. This conference aims to bring mathematicians in
both fields together to present and discuss the many challenging problems
in which they have a mutual interest.
Topics will include wavelet analysis and sampling, two scale dilation
equations, fractals and tiling, multifractal structure, and self-similarity
in harmonic analysis.
6) Names of Principal Speakers (as of November 1993) :
C. Bandt (Greifwald), C. Chui (Texas A&M), J. Benedetto (Maryland),
C. Cavaretta (Kent State), K. Grochenig (Connecticut)
P. Jorgensen (Iowa), J. Lagarias (A T&T Bell Lab),
M. Lapidus (California, Riverside), D. Mauldin (North Texas),
R. Strichartz (Cornell), S. Pedersen (Wright State)
7) Deadline(s) for abstracts of contributed papers : To be announced.
8) Source of Further Information :
Ka-Sing Lau or Chris Lennard, Math and Stat Dept.,
Univ. of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15260.
email :firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com