|"Andrew Francis Laine" (email@example.com)
|Posted: Mon Dec 21, 1992 5:44 pm
Subject: EXTENDED DEADLINE for the SPIE conference on wavelet
|EXTENDED DEADLINE for the SPIE conference on wavelet
applications in signal and image processing.
Conference Title: "Mathematical Imaging: Wavelet Applications in
Signal and Image Processing"
Part of SPIE`s Annual International Symposium on
Optoelectronic Appied Science and Engineering
July 15-16, 1993
San Diego, California
San Diego Convention Center, Marriot Hotel Marina
Conference Chair: Andrew Laine, University of Florida
Conference Co-chairs: Charles Chui, Texas A&M University
(Program Committee) Bjorn Jawerth, University of South Carolina
Michael Unser, National Institutes of Health
Steven Tanimoto, University of Washington
Gorge Sanz, IBM Almaden Research Center
Alan Bovik, University of Texas, Austin
Arun Kumar, Southwestern Bell Technology Resources
KEYNOTE ADDRESS: Ronald R. Coifman
Department of Mathematics
The analysis of signals and images at multiple scales
is an attractive framework for many problems in
computer vision, signal and image processing.
Wavelet theory provides a mathematically precise understanding
of the concept of multiresolution.
The conference shall focus on novel applications of wavelet methods of
analysis and processing techniques, refinements of existing methods,
and new theoretical models. When possible, papers should compare
and contrast wavelet based approaches to traditional techniques.
Topics for the conference may include but are not limited to:
- image pyramids
- frames and overcomplete representations
- multiresolution algorithms
- wavelet-based noise reduction and restoration
- multiscale edge detection
- wavelet texture analysis and segmentation
- Gabor transforms and space-frequency localization
- wavelet-based fractal analysis
- multiscale random processes
- wavelets and neural networks
- image representations from wavelet maxima or zero-crossings
- wavelet compression, coding and signal representation
- wavelet theory and multirate filterbanks
- wavelets in medical imaging
--------> EXTENDED DEADLINES <---------
Abstract Due Date: January 4, 1993.
MANUSCRIPT DUE DATE: 19, April, 1993.
(Proceeding will be made available at the conference)
Applicants shall be notified of acceptance by March, 1993.
Your abstract should include the following:
1. Abstract Title.
2. Author Listing (Principal author first and affiliations).
3. Correspondence address for EACH author (email, phone/FAX, ect.).
4. Submitted to: Mathematical Imaging: Wavelet Applications
in Signal and Image Processing,
Andrew Laine, Chairman.
5. Abstract: 500-1000 word abstract.
6. Brief Biography: 50-100 words (Principal author only).
Please send FOUR copies of your abstract to the address below
via FAX, email (one copy) or carrier:
San Diego '93
SPIE, P.O. Box 10, Bellingham, WA 98227-0010
Shipping Address: 1000 20th Street, Bellington, WA 98225
Phone: (206) 676-3290
FAX: (206) 647-1445
Notice: Late submissions may be considered subject to program
time availability and approval of the program committee.