The Wavelet Digest
   -> Volume 11, Issue 1

Editorial: A word from the Founding Editor

images/spacer.gifimages/spacer.gif Reply into Digest
Previous :: Next  
Wim Sweldens (wim@lucent.com)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 10:25 am    
Subject: Editorial: A word from the Founding Editor

Summary: After creating the Wavelet Digest and managing it for over more than 10 years, Wim Sweldens hands it over to the new team.

Dear Wavelet Community:

Almost 11 years ago, I sent out a message containing a report of a wavelet conference in Paris to about 40 email addresses which I had collected. A little later the idea grew to turn this into an edited email and the Wavelet Digest was born. For more than 10 years, it was a lot of fun to serve as editor and see the virtual wavelet community grow. The wavelet community can be proud to be an example on how to use the Internet effectively to advance scientific dialogue.

Now as my new responsibilities here at Bell Labs pull me in different directions, it is time to hand off this responsibility. I am very happy to announce that Michael Unser has assembled a team of people at EPFL to take over the Wavelet Digest and that Michael will serve as its new editor. Please join me in wishing Michael and his team the best in their new roles.

Best regards,

Wim.